Our promise to you is that Canoe North Adventures will continue to:
- Be an industry leader in risk management on and off the water, including surrounding our health and medical practices.
- Monitor and update our Covid-19 response to follow or exceed industry best practices. We will continue to collaborate with other industry peers to create the best plan for the 2021 season.
- Place the concerns of the northern communities we operate in, our guests, staff and suppliers at the centre of our operations strategies for 2021.
- Consult with our Medical Director, Dr Aaron Orkin and our Commercial Food & Beverage Director, Harry Feinig to be on the leading edge of health and food safety planning.
Q: How do I go about about trip Planning during these uncertain times?
- Our personal approach has always been firmly rooted in discussing dreams of travelling to the north in person, by phone, email, or by Skype or Zoom. These conversations help us understand your passion for considering a northern adventure, your experience and comfort level and necessary steps to overcome obstacles that may be standing in your way including pandemic concerns.
- For 2021, we are ready for you to contact us by phone or email to begin the conversation that may lead to a northern expedition. You may want to join an upcoming Webinar as we have cancelled our popular in-person Info-Sessions for the rest of 2020.
- If you are considering booking a trip for 2021, speaking to us by phone is the best way to review our 2021 cancellation policy.
Q: What types of changes is CNA considering for 2021?
- At this time, CNA is committed to matching our protocols to the most current information from medical and health professionals, and industry peers. In order to protect and support our Canoe North Adventures guests, our staff, and our local community, we anticipate introducing new policy next season designed to maintain higher levels of personal care and group hygiene, however since the situation is changing constantly, we plan to adapt our response as necessary for our 2021 season.
- These new protocols and policies will be announced at the appropriate time when it is more certain what will be required to keep our guests, staff, and the communities of the NWT safe and healthy. If you would like to discuss our plans with us before then, please feel free to call or email at any time and we will bring you up to date on our latest thinking.
Q: What about concerns regarding commercial air travel?
- We understand air travel is not very comfortable at the best of times. By next summer, we fully expect Air Canada, West Jet and Canadian North to have settled back into more regular service and they will have 12 months of pandemic operations under their belts. We will continue to monitor airlines and airport policies advising our guests of the expected protocols for the safest travel possible.
What about hotel accommodation while travelling?
- Our preferred hotels, the Explorer Hotel, Nisku Inn, Goldrush Inn and Triple J Hotel have implemented preventative measures to keep their environments safe and clean during the pandemic based on the most up to date procedures and protocols issued by the World Health Organization, Public Health Agency of Canada and local authorities. Canoe North Adventures is confident in their ability to continue to uphold the best possible practices of health, safety, and comfort during the 2021 summer travel season.
- For 2021 the Canoe North Adventures Lodge B&B and Outfitting Center in Norman Wells may be available for our expedition guests but will not be open to the public or other visitors. Our Lodge staff will undergo specific training to ensure the safest environment possible for our guests. Itineraries will be flexible. For example, some groups may fly directly to their river destination upon arrival in Norman Wells or Fort Simpson rather than overnight at our Lodge B&B.
I have other questions- when and how can I contact you?
- We are available every day including weekends to chat by phone from 9am until 6pm EST or you can email us. Please visit our Contact page for details.